[Peace-discuss] A vote for Kerry is a vote for Bush!

Phil Stinard pstinard at hotmail.com
Mon May 3 12:51:04 CDT 2004

I'm not done with this one.  I clicked the "send" button a little too soon.
I was going to add in response to this gem,

>The old "once it gets bad enough real change will happen" is a rather
>cold-hearted, illogical and dare I say privileged view of the world. For
>many a slight improvement will indeed be better than four more years of
>what Bush could do with a mandate and no fear of not getting re-elected
>(even Chomsky has admitted as much).

the comment that the reason some Kerry hacks (not necessarily this
particular writer since I don't know him well enough--one the other hand, he
seems to think that he knows me well enough to think he can know my
motivations) respond so consistently in their faux intellectual (dare I say
privileged) manner is that original thought not in the Chomsky mold is
viewed as a threat.  The more I hear Chomsky's misguided ideas held up as a
model to be unquestionably followed, the more I think that Chomsky is
Orwell's Big Brother dressed up in a professor's suit (I'm being saracasic
here--at least I HOPE I am).  Then as soon as we all agree with Chomsky and
say the words, "I LOVE BIG BROTHER," someone will put a bullet through our
heads.  Think for yourselves, people.  Jeesh!

--Phil