[Peace-discuss] A Dystopic Strategy?

Phil Stinard pstinard at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 10 18:50:48 CST 2004

Fantasies are fine, Mort, but publicly (and personally), I find such
strategies troublesome.  My guiding principle is that I wouldn't treat
someone in a way I wouldn't want to be treated.  Privately (and
impersonally), I wouldn't recommend that someone advertise the fact that
they were doing it.  I find the following especially troubling:  "At
critical moments leaks could be given out to disrupt their evil designs."
Evil designs?  Are you serious, or tongue-in-cheek?

Bottom line to Paul:  If your sister and brother-in-law are open about what
they're doing, and the Republicans know what they're doing, then maybe they
can make a postive change in the Republican party.  My parents were
Republican, and I used to be Republican once, when I was young and carefree.
  (Guilty pleasure:  I voted for Gerald Ford.  My following votes were
Anderson, Mondale, Dukakis, and Clinton.  What can I way?  I had a long
childhood.)  I didn't have the patience to try to effect a change in the
Republican party, but maybe your family does.

--Phil