[Peace-discuss] Re: Pro-choice [was Re: letter to my former comrades]

Carl Estabrook cge at shout.net
Mon Nov 15 16:40:55 CST 2004

I agree that it's quite worthwhile to consider the elements of choice and
personal responsibility in this debate, Ken.  But your conclusion ("it's
wrong for the government to forbid abortions") depends on an unstated
premise: namely, that abortion does not end a human life.  I can't think
of many cases where you would think it wrong for the government to forbid
the taking of human (or indeed a good bit of non-human) life.

Regards, Carl