[Peace-discuss] Re: Cosponsorships and the things that divide

blue2 at net66.com blue2 at net66.com
Wed Oct 13 06:59:17 CDT 2004

I wonder if we can relate this to the strength of the conservative
agenda in the past.  It seems they had the ability to look beyond
the issues that divide and to support the organization in order to
get a foot in the door.  W is the payoff for that movement.  All the
little compromises made over the years got them this guy who is
giving back to the far-flung corners of the movement.

Why can't the people in AWARE make individual decisions to
participate (or not) in the issues that affect other individuals in our
group with the understanding that the things that make those
individuals stronger can only help the make our collective agenda
stronger?

This could also be considered a form of outreach that brings in new
people who may or may not have heard about us but now have an
incentive to take a closer look -- and a connection to someone they
know to give them the inside scoop.

My .02

Meg