[Peace-discuss] Forgiveness Weekend program schedule

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 14 00:38:43 CST 2005

Wait a minute, Randall: it was you who offered the quoted commentary as a
specification of the goals of the "conference," about which I asked. (I
won't insist on "rally," altho' it's arguable.) And now you say, "Aaron
never mentioned Forgiveness Weekend in this piece" -- so, presumably,
these are *not* the goals of the conference.  What, then, is the
conference for?

And surely you don't mean that people are not being asked to support
anything.  What I wanted to know was *what* they were being asked to
support.  Apparently the answer is (or maybe isn't) Aaron's commentary...

Can you dismiss the reference to the president as "inconsequential"? I
mentioned it merely to show that the information about felons'
disabilities was unreliable on its face. So I remain puzzled by the
question you ask: what restrictions on felons are under attack by CUCFPJ?

Or (as I asked at the outset of this correspondence), "What, specifically,
is the disenfranchisement of felons that this conference seeks to end?"
I still don't know.

Regards, Carl