[Peace-discuss] A conservative on anti-war movements

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 06:47:11 CDT 2005

Yes, but I'm concerned with the "principles" of people
like Pat Buchanan, whose opposition to the war is
based on another form of chauvinism. If we don't want
to identify with the anti-Semites (such as they are)
who oppose our alliance with Israel, why do we want to
identify with nativists, not to mention the native
libertarians who never connect the dots of government
power and corporate power? This relates to the problem
I have with Hentoff as a civil libertarian who
supported the war, and supports Israel.

David