[Peace-discuss] Hate speech

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 14 11:48:28 CST 2006

"Causing more harm than good" is a bit vague, Bob (as well as
being the standard invoked whenever a government wants to
censor the press).  How about an example?

You recently brought up a practical example from AWARE's past:
Would it cause more harm that good to publish the fact that
Illinois' junior senator, despite being both liberal and
black, supports the continuation of the war?  Some people
felt that it was wrong for AWARE to do that.  --CGE