[Peace-discuss] RE: Supporting the troops? Who's responsible?

Phil Stinard pstinard at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 3 18:19:33 CST 2006

It's an interesting article, but its premise is flawed.  The war in Iraq is
not about who's "God" is right or wrong, it's about economics and ensuring a
stable oil supply.  To be sure, support for the war is being garnered by
marketing it as a holy war to people with certain religious views, but that
is a minority viewpoint.

What's sad about the article is that the author is trying to drum up
religious hatred (or more precisely, hatred of a particular religion) to
attack anyone and everyone who serves our country.  Even Ricky, in another
post to Peace-Discuss that I'll comment on later, says that he has a veteran
friend who is troubled by this trend.

--Phil