[Peace-discuss] ALL PAPER, NO MACHINES: HR 6200, BY KUCINICH IN CONGRESS

Chuck Minne mincam2 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 14:10:26 CDT 2006

  From:  http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2006/10/03/18317658.php

  ALL PAPER, NO MACHINES: HR 6200, BY KUCINICH IN CONGRESS
  by Dennis Kucinich (D) Ohio
Tuesday Oct 3rd, 2006 2:13 PM

  It's not who votes that counts.

It's who counts the votes.

  -->  ALL PAPER, NO MACHINES ~~ IN CONGRESS !!! : HR 6200, BY KUCINICH

This is quite a stunner: Kucinich has just introduced legislation, HR 6200, to AMEND H.A.V.A and rid us of machines: mandated paper ballots only, hand counted and POSTED at the PRECINCT level, for one and all to see.

This is the whole enchilada for Election Reform, as far as we can tell. It is as close to ideal as anything in our dearest dreams. I had no idea this was being taken that seriously, this early, and this immediately put before Congress, but thought it was farther off on the horizon. Even if the Republicans shoot it down in bogus fashion, it forces their hand, at a time when they are busy contending with their damage control, and puts this one and only true reform of voting on the map. Apparently some of our reps have been listening to us. There are also some of the people in our voting groups in Ohio, elsewhere., not all, but we have been fighting a lot of the others for two and a half years now, to get this on the front burner. All Paper, all People counted, all Posted at the Precinct level, with full access to participation by public and neutral observers.

exactly, point for point, what my article was about two months ago at http://www.opednews.com . In each key detail. Of course, the writer ~ Mark Crispin Miller ~~ whose post was the object of my commentary, is at the Cleveland conference and a key speaker there this week, with several other allies of ours, and our people are taking this battle directly to them. Kucinich attended it, at Tri-C College, near my Union HQ, since that is Dennis' district, and the email below reflects much of the excitement and encouragement after Kucinich's speech. Following Lynn Landes' trailblazing work on this subject, and her unsuccessful but valiant court battle to ban machines, finally dismissed by the U.S. Supreme Court, we also have been carrying that torch, insisting this all Paper and People voting process is the ONLY way we can secure our election integrity, and that was after studying the way Canada has been doing it for quite some time, just like this, all the official Canadian
 documents, links, are posted at http://www.banvotingmachines.org, Landes' site of key research. ( Interesting too, when I spoke to Kucinich, tete-a-tete, three years ago at Laguna Woods Clubhouse 3, across the street from our family bungalow there, I pointedly asked him about voting fraud, and all he said was, "I'm supporting paper trails," and then kind of blew me off, capping an otherwise friendly five minute schmooze. But now he's finally plugging, with John Conyers, McKinney, Maxine Waters, et al., the ONE thing we've been asking for, since then, these last two years, and more: All Paper and People Process, and this would solve our election problems, at least the voting integrity part of it. ) Fraud will always be an issue, in the ol' U.S. of A. ( or as Garrison Keillor called them recently, The United Corporations of America ) but this proposed legislation is the equivalent of Ivory Soap, at least as far as the visible process goes: 99.44% pure................

For all of us who have left our other lives years ago, to focus on this, this has to be hyper-ventilatingly exciting. Yes, Virginia, I think, this time, I WILL....hold my breath! ~JE

Before you call 9/11 conspiracy nuts crazy, explain what happened to 7 World Trade Center (WTC7) and how it was accomplished. (Never heard of WTC7 before, have you? – that’s not surprising, it’s the camel in the tent that everybody ignores.)