[Peace-discuss] RE: Military action in Darfur, like Kosovo

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 4 14:48:36 CDT 2006

Awfully suspicious, how the AU troops (accepted by Sudan) are dismissed,
and a "legal transfer to the UN" (which Sudan won't accept) is insisted
upon.  A certain liberal racism, perhaps? ("Those poor Africans are
ineffectual, but if we get a crack UN force in there that can push that
'Arab' government around in defense of those poor blacks...")

Anyway, money and materiel can be gotten to the AU forces in situ far
faster than a UN force can be introduced, on the UN's own estimate.
That's clearly what serious save-Darfur people would be pushing for.  --CGE