[Peace-discuss] Robert Dunn

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 4 18:13:43 CDT 2007

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the visit.

As for your article, you have some things backwards. For instance, the Republicans seemed to be the ones who "just loved the fact that 3,000 of their fellow citizens were slaughtered on September 11th, 2001". After all, head Republican Mr. Bush used 9-11 as an excuse to do what he had become president to do.

As for your comment that "these arthritic hippies have found a new war that they can protest and revel in their long-lost youth", yes some of us are veterans of another anti-war protest, but some of those very same people are war veterans.

I am not a veteran  anti-war protester, this is my first. I am actually ashamed that more of my generation aren't out there protesting this war.

And lastly, I would like to point out that I have never had a desire to spit on the US flag. But it does offend me deeply that Mr. Bush enjoys washing it with the blood of our national reservists, our regular military personal, and the hired help.

-karen medina