[Peace-discuss] Third parties?

illyes at uiuc.edu illyes at uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 14 20:26:14 CDT 2007

Folks, I see that this matter has now intruded onto both the UCIMC main list and the AWARE discussion list.

For anyone who hasn't read prior posts on the subject,  there was an editorial discussion inside the Public i about whether a paragraph of Carl's should best be excluded. The consensus was that it whould be kept, but needed some improvement. Before I could discuss this matter with Carl, I got email threatening that I would be sued if I changed his article without permission. This was strange indeed, since I had no such intention, and was an advocate for publicing his article, which I found quite good. I have communicated all of this and more to Carl.

I will take questions about this matter at tomorrow's AWARE meeting. Show up if you think the Public i has done anything improper. I don't think we have.

Bob