[Peace-discuss] Kucinich says…

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 09:36:04 CDT 2007

Is it worse to be a hypocrite and complicit, or a
outright liar who bears primary responsibility for a
racist murderous war?

It's certainly not a good choice.  And certainly the
anti-war movement ought to stick to its guns, so to
speak, and demand withdrawal and reparations,
whoever's in office (and regardless of attempts to
coopt).

And, personally, I think it makes a lot more sense to
vote for and encourage others to vote for the
candidate closest to our ideas: Kucinich.

I think I understand Carl's strategy of voting for Ron
Paul, however repugnant he may be, and it does make a
certain sense, as I mentioned before.  I do think
however, of the danger of adding prominence to a
candidate who combines opposition to the war with
blatant racism -- moreso by encouraging people to vote
for him than by just marking the one ballot.

And, I have to say, ultimately our votes are not
really organized and disciplined enough to vote with
any really clever stratems.  This leads me, once
again, to the conclusion that it's best to - first and
foremost - push an anti-war, anti-racist agenda, and -
secondarily - support the candidate with the best
platform.

It's a way of standing up to be counted, just as
holding a sign at a demonstration is.  Neither, in and
of itself, will bring the war to a sudden and dramatic
close.  But they are straws to add to the camel's
back.

See you all on Saturday, 2-4 pm!

Ricky