[Peace-discuss] Kucinich says…

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 28 11:49:03 CDT 2007

Ricky--

Ron Paul is certainly not a racist, blatant or otherwise. The two
damning quotes from a newsletter that have been circulated by Paul's
pro-war enemies in the Republican party were the work of a staff member,
whom Paul subsequently fired.

Paul has made his own statements about racial matters -- e.g.,
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul381.html -- which are debatable but
by no means racist.  They in fact are not that far from the arguments in
what I think is one of the most important political books of the year,
Walter Benn Michaels' *The Trouble with Diversity: How We Learned to
Love Identity and Ignore Inequality*.  --CGE