[Peace-discuss] Re: [sf-core] Kinzer no war with Iran tour, possible C-U stop in Feb

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:55:46 CST 2007

I believe that Karen Fresco told me that she counted 25 people. At least two
were from outside C-U. WDWS sent a reporter, the News-Gazette sent a
photographer, and Channel 15 sent a reporter later.

Phil Bloomer assured us that Representative Johnson was opposed to military
confrontation with Iran and that he would share our petitions and concerns
with Tim. But he didn't commit the Rep. to any specific action (shocked,
shocked.)

Also, there was a similar event in Bloomington at the same time at Johnson's
office there, which we noted in the meeting. There were some 300 events
nationally, with more than 3000 people participating. There were 8 people at
the event in Peoria, led by C-U alumna Lisa Offutt.

Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy
www.justforeignpolicy.org