[Peace-discuss] Makes me want to see "Loose Change"

Chas. 'Mark' Bee c-bee1 at itg.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 22 09:53:51 CST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at uiuc.edu>
To: <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 2:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] Makes me want to see "Loose Change"

>I think Kurt Nimmo, who's written good things about this war, has gotten
>his perceptions as skewed as his syntax in the quoted paragraph.
>
> Chomsky, Cockburn and Monbiot have done a great deal to alert us to the
> nature of the people in charge of the US.  Their suggestion that "911
> truth" is a distraction from the real political problems we face seems to
> me correct. --CGE

  Yes - Nimmo's response essentially boils down to 'those movements don't
get it so screw 'em', which is of course no rebuttal at all.  And I've never
seen even one bit of 'evidence' from the 9/11-truthers that stood up to real
inspection.  In the meantime, on the newsgroups the conservowacks routinely
lump the 9/11-truthers in with the antiwar crowd to facilitate ridicule.

  Seems to me the 9/11 truth movement is essentially the left's version of
Waco.  It'll never really die, it'll just become a distasteful residue that
destroys credibility on other matters.