[Peace-discuss] DI: Protesters condemn troop increase in Iraq

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 09:52:43 CST 2007

Johnson was on WILL this morning, stating his opposition to the surge.

He also said that he would not support cutting off the funding for the
surge and claimed that this would be unconstitutional, separation of
powers, blah, blah.

While this is nonsense, of course, I thought it was interesting what
he didn't say: where he would stand on a resolution against the surge,
which is likely to be the next vote he will have to face. Presumably,
if he is against the surge, and there is a nonbinding resolution
against the surge, he ought to vote for it.