[Peace-discuss] Racial disparity

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 20 17:41:11 CDT 2007

Thanks for this reference, Ricky. I've worked up some statistics before for
chambana, but where to go with them involved a lot of speculation. This
reference gives me enough that I think I can throw out some of the
speculation and perhaps say something useful. Look for a Public i article
on the subject by me. It is a sobering experience to go to the courthouse
when trial dates are set, and see that the faces on the closed-circuit TV
from the jail are largely black, since we are in a county that is largely
white.

Bob