[Peace-discuss] Organization

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 23 16:04:30 CDT 2007

Yeah, the people need to get their act together. This is because they have
been falsely convinced that they have little real power. I'm not good at
French history, so maybe Mort can fill in the details, but after the French
Revolution there was a restoration of the monarchy, but as a constitutional
monarchy. When the king acted outrageously (help, Mort, I don't recall any
details!), Paris was quiet. The monarchists mistakenly thought that this
meant that they had gotten away with their folly, but what was really going
on was that there were meetings all over Paris planing the next move. The
next morning, the streets of Paris were filled with barricades. The king
was out, and the republic was back in.

I don't think anything so drastic is needed here. But we need to proceed
with impeachment promptly.

Bob