[Peace-discuss] ideology etc.

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 12:02:16 CDT 2007

At 11:21 AM 7/28/2007, Robert Dunn wrote:

>when you say that the people are responsible for the war! I thought that
>the people were being manipulated by the corporate elites? If that is
>true, the corporate elites should be responsible for the war. Which is it,
>the dumb, Bible thumping masses throughout mid-America, or the corporate elite

Excellent question.  You should have stopped right here, though.

I suppose it's possible that people who allow themselves to be manipulated
share at least some responsibility with the manipulators.  But Carl will
have the definitive answer on it.

>which many multinational corporations of the media and entertainment
>variety are squarely on Liberal/Left side of the political spectrum. It
>was a right-wing blogger who brought down Dan Rather and another
>right-winger who broke the Lewinsky story.  That is why Democrats in
>particular are so keen on "regulating" the internet and all forms of the
>new media. The New Media is more democratic. Talk Radio is more democratic
>and fun to listen to because it does not have the boring tone to it that
>NPR and DN has!

Adolph Hitler didn't have a boring tone either....nerve-wracking, perhaps,
but never boring.  A superb criterion to use in judging the mettle and
veracity of radio news.