[Peace-discuss] ideology etc.

n.dahlheim at mchsi.com n.dahlheim at mchsi.com
Sat Jul 28 15:16:07 CDT 2007

My sweeping, and still largely correct dictum on this matter is that the masses are asses...  Thomas
Jefferson's sentimentally tinged, wishful romanticism obscures the viciousness of life on the American
frontier and the high levels of violence evident in American society.  I earlier defended Eric Hoffer's
conception of mass movements (I don't endorse universal conscription), and I think his analysis in "True
Believer" is correct.