[Peace-discuss] July 4th parade planning -- issues? Want to join? Meet Mon 6/18?

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 13 10:56:12 CDT 2007

Hello all,

Calling anyone interested in planning an AWARE
entry in the 4th of July parade.  A bunch of good ideas
were circulating on this list a couple weeks back,
and more at last week's AWARE meeting, but we need
to settle on something specific and doable soon.

Some pieces of the puzzle:

   Durl offers to contact the farmer who had rented us
	his trailer for the past few years,
	in case we want to use that again this time.

   Jenifer Cartwright has donated $25
	for the entry fee.  We haven't entered yet --
	have about ten days left to do that -- since it's
	best to be sure we have a credible entry
	before committing.

   In the past, Ricky Baldwin had offered the use of
	his garage to hold materials -- Ricky, would you be
	able to do that this year too?

   Several people signed up at Sunday's AWARE meeting:
	Durl Kruse, Bob Illyes, Bob Wahlfeldt, Karen Medina, Stuart Levy

	Anyone else interested in meeting to decide what
	we'll actually do on the 4th, and then in helping to
	make it happen?

   Durl proposes a face-to-face meeting next Monday, June 18th.
	That's OK by me.  If it's awkward for enough others,
	we might reschedule, but need to meet soon, say next week.

cheers

   Stuart