[Peace-discuss] Vote today to end the war, call Rep. Johnson now

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu May 10 13:02:13 CDT 2007

UFPJ, MoveOn, CLW and others are asking folks to call in support of the
McGovern amendment. The MoveOn alert is below.

The House leadership, apparently, is now supporting the (slightly revised)
McGovern bill, which is a big step forward. It's stronger than the provision
that was vetoed by the President. So, it seems, in response to the
President's refusal to seriously negotiate, the House leadership is telling
him to "ishrab mayyit al-bahar," as the Arabs say. Go drink the water of the
sea.