[Peace-discuss] News-Gazette - write our own reviews of events

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 14 11:03:05 CST 2007

Peace Discuss,

The News-Gazette just called. They are going to run my letter about the Campus Anti-war Network's chalk body outlines on the Quad.

So now I am thinking that we don't necessarily need a NG reporter to show up for anti-war events -- we can write up a report on the event and submit it as an opinion piece.

Anyone want to write up a quick article on Monday night's event, "A Mother's Response to War"?

The power of the pen and chalk are in our hands,
-karen medina
p.s. It reminds me a bit of the small town newspapers that would write up social events.