[Peace-discuss] The Clinton/Bush generation

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 16:40:53 CDT 2007

At 11:01 PM 9/18/2007, n.dahlheim at mchsi.com wrote:

>Laurie,
>
>     I absolutely loved this post, and you took the words right out of my
> mouth.  Make your no-vote a
>very loud no-vote.  Let people know that you don't like being pandered to
>by reptilian politicians who
>shapeshift like chameolons as shills for a corporate imperial agenda
>wrecking the environment and the
>lives of the global proletariat.  People badly need some historical
>perspective.  America isn't the country
>depicted in Disney films and amusement parks.  Oh, and don't forget C.
>Wright Mills when discussing
>your list of political theorists.  Wow, I appreciated your
>perspective.  Finally, someone who doesn't
>subscribe to the "we'll just elect Obama and things will get better"
>approach to the 2008 political
>"elections."  Keep your politics local and build survival networks of
>conviviality in Champaign-
>Urbana---the more people voluntarily drop out of the system the
>better.  We need alternatives that
>don't drain our precious time, talent, and wealth (not just $).  Fighting
>through the system is no longer
>feasible----that is what 9/11 should teach us.  The construction of local
>economies that don't feed the
>federal, global corporate capitalist tapeworm will be vital to the future;
>it also means you participate
>less in environmental degradation and the exploitation of people abroad
>living on the margins of the
>global economy.  Visit <http://www.solari.com>www.solari.com - it has some
>excellent ideas for real political action that will
>make for a brighter future.  Time's a' wasting, and we need to focus here
>on these issues so that
>communities will survive the devouring tapeworm with its rapacious
>appetite for all that is good and
>wholesome.
>
>      Best,
>      Nick

Linking from that web site, here's an interesting proposal by the Green
Party of the United States, "Moving the Money to Main
Street":  http://www.gp.org/mainstreet/  .  Maybe some of you readers could
identify a couple of good, local, socially responsible banks or credit
unions in the C-U area where we could all bank?

John Wason