[Peace-discuss] The Power of Ten

illyes at uiuc.edu illyes at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 24 00:12:45 CDT 2007

Over half of Americans want us to cut our losses and get out of Iraq immediately. What answer one gets depends on exactly how the question is asked, but it is clear to over half of the country that finishing what we started is not an issue because there were no WMDs, i.e., we have finished what we started.

It should be pointed out that if the DC Democrats simply stand by what the rank-and-file Democrat believes, they will own the federal government for a really long time. The death frenzy of the neocons is really frightening, but a mercy killing is easily within the reach of the Democrats. I am a Democrat. I detect a distinctive lack of spine at the federal level. They may be bought, but the party as a whole is not. We (I exclude Carl, who seems to be in the Buchanan camp) need to raise a lot of hell with the well-paid-for folks in DC.

Bob