[Peace-discuss] The Power of Ten

Laurie at advancenet.net laurie at advancenet.net
Mon Sep 24 13:17:49 CDT 2007

This really amazing; it must be the nature of the group.  John asked a
simple question as to what percentage people on this list would have
predicted the right answer was (I am assuming that he meant "correct" in the
sense of the accepted answer by the show's producers based on their data and
not some empirically and analytically "correct" answer based of some
perfectly constructed rigorous scientific methodology and sampling
techniques of which there are no such examples even in science).  Yet people
on the list seem to want to make a big deal of the question discuss the
meaning and significance of the answer as well as if the show's answer is
politically correct, scientifically reliable, and empirically valid.

Such discussions may be good fun, academic and intellectual exercises in
argumentation, and/or social bonding and solidarity building mechanism; but
are these discussions really as serious as many appear to be taking them.
How many angels diod you say were on the head of that pin and are they our
angles or the oppositions?