[Peace-discuss] Anti-War Die-In Tomorrow

Cody Bralts-Steindl codybralts at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 17:09:35 CDT 2008

YAP-CU (Youth Awareness Project CU) is hosting a Die-In to protest the Iraq
war. Our plan is to get at least 40 people to the intersection of Green &
Wright St. to protest with signs and chants, but it will be different from
most protests: When the light turns green for pedestrians to cross the
crosswalks (all four crossing places that surround the intersection turn at
the same time- that is why we chose this place) then we will go out into the
middle of the intersection while the cars are waiting at red lights (so they
can't go anywhere anyway) and we simultaneously fall to the ground,
pretending to die.

Die-Ins have been used as an effective form of protest before- there was one
on this campus earlier last year to bring awareness to the genocide in
Darfur. The purpose of this form of protest is to MAKE people pay attention.
It isn't going to disturb traffic or block things from happening so it isn't
super drastic but it is a protest that can not be ignored by those driving
by.
*
When: Saturday, April 12th, from 1-3 PM.

Where: Intersection of Green and Wright by the Alma Mater.

Wear: Red clothing. Note: It will be brisk!

For more information, contact Cody at codybralts at gmail.com
*--
"There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent
people."
-Howard Zinn