[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Brian Chesley case

Marti Wilkinson martiwilki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 10:23:13 CDT 2008

It is important to consider all sides of a story, however it has been
pointed out that the police reports were not made available to Chesley's
attorneys at the time that diversion was offered. Plus, and I may be wrong,
it's my understanding that taking diversion would have involved an admission
of guilt - which would have given Chesley no recourse in regards to the
manner in which he was treated by the officers that night. If he had taken a
guilty plea it would have justified the violence done to him.