[Peace-discuss] what if third parties in C-U collaborated on a public event?

Walter Pituc wpituc2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 19:51:43 CDT 2008

I think this public forum is a good idea. I would prefer though that any
public forum be billed as a forum for "X district or race" that includes all
candidates rather than it being known as the "third party" forum. Third
party candidates that are on the ballot are regularly shut out of debates,
forums, etc. At least that's what I've found at the state and national
level.

But I think that this is a good idea nonetheless, open discussion is always
a good idea! Exclusion from the political discourse is not. I could see the
League of Women Voters or some non-partisan group hosting a forum.

As I recall, the Univ. student group, I-Vote, organizes a yearly forum with
a representative from the College Democrats, College Republicans, and Campus
Greens on campus - I would like to see something at the community level too!

-Walter