[Peace-discuss] Fw: [Peace] (no subject)

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 11 12:41:16 CDT 2008

A suggestion for expanding the wording to make it both more explanatory
and compelling:
"We the undersigned request the management of Lincoln Square Village Mall
that Bill not be restricted from facilities in the Mall that are otherwise
open to the public. We understand that Bill, a homeless man, has recently
been banned from the premises. However, in the decades that Bill has
subsisted on the streets of Champaign/Urbana, we understand that he is not
known to have ever harmed anyone. Since Bill poses no significant danger,
we feel he does not deserve to be targeted for denial of access to
facilities that are otherwise offered for public use."

[For the uninitiated, Bill's situation has been discussed at length during
the past 3 AWARE meetings]