[Peace-discuss] Israeli massacre in Gaza [and J Street PAC's call to end the violence and the blockade]

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 29 00:13:25 CST 2008

Naturally I mean that you can't say things that aren't true.

The quoted statement as a whole is objectionable. You refer only to the
statement's "declining to assign blame" -- rather difficult without falling into
the "all are equally at fault" nonsense, an attempt to equalize the crimes --
"disingenuous at best."

The statement also misrepresents the role of the US as passive or uninvolved
while calling for its intervention -- more nonsense, hardly innocent: they know
what they're writing. --CGE