[Peace-discuss] Clinton stumping for Clinton on C-SPAN -- I must confess I was impressed...

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 04:45:16 CST 2008

At 02:23 AM 1/2/2008, Jenifer Cartwright wrote:

>Did anybody catch Bill stumping for Hilary yesterday on C-SPAN? Helluva
>speech --organized, substantive, knowledgeable. Nobody in US politics
>today can deliver up that level of offhand yet sincere oratory like Bill
>Clinton. I had to keep reminding myself of all the awful things he did
>while in office, it was that good... I actually liked, admired, and was
>less terrified of Hilary when he was all done. Wow. (Sorry, but -- in my
>defense -- there is something reassuring about brains, smarts, and an
>actual program, ya know?)
>
>  --Jenifer

The perennial question is, why do these candidates with brains, smarts (at
the risk of redundancy), and an actual program never seem to IMPLEMENT the
program once they're in office?  Or, to the extent they implement anything,
why does it end up being something like the very OPPOSITE of the program
they espoused when they were candidates?

These days Bill Clinton and Al Gore, like Jimmy Carter, seem to be the very
personification of wisdom and statesmanship.  Where was that wisdom and
statesmanship when they were in office?

John Wason