[Peace-discuss] Re: Ron Paul & GroundHog Day

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 31 22:40:29 CST 2008

On Ron Paul's "racial politics," the "Anti-war Anti-Racism Effort" might note
his statement on CNN three weeks ago:

     "I attack two wars that blacks are suffering from.  One, the war overseas.
In all wars minorities suffer the most.  So they join me in this position I have
against the war in Iraq.  And what about the war on drugs?  What other candidate
will stand up and say I will pardon all blacks, all whites, everybody who was
convicted for non-violent drug acts and drug crimes.  And this is where the real
discrimination is.  If you want to look for discrimination, it's the judicial
system.  So I am the antiracist because I am the only candidate, Republican or
Democrat, who wants to protect the minority against these vicious drug laws."