[Peace-discuss] FW: Watching Winter Soldier hearings on line--made simple

Lisa Chason chason at shout.net
Fri Mar 14 06:43:50 CDT 2008

>From a friend

-----Original Message-----
From: Kim Scipes [mailto:kimscipes at earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 1:04 AM
Subject: Watching Winter Soldier hearings on line--made simple

Folks--

I watched the opening night panel of Iraq Veterans Against the War
(IVAW) WINTER SOLDIER hearings tonight on my computer.  It was
powerful:  tonight they talked about the resistance against the
Vietnam War.

Later today (Friday), at 9:00 AM EST, they will begin their series of
panels on Iraq and Afghanistan.  This is where vets will testify
about what they did or what they personally observed in-country.
It's an effort to rip the scab of indifference off of the American
people.

IVAW has done an incredible job in making these hearing accessible to
all of us.  If you go to http://ivaw.org/wintersoldier/howtowatch ,
they will give you details for satellite, radio, internet, etc.  They
have also done an EXCELLENT job in making it simple for the
technology-challenged (such as myself) to figure out how to get these
hearings:  there is no excuse for not getting them!

They also give overviews to the panels, speakers, etc.  You just have
to check out the IVAW web site.

My wife, Hans Buwalda, is on-site, helping to provide mental health
services for those testifying.  We talked after tonight's excellent
panel, and she said there was a lot of media coverage tonight, and
that they are expecting much more tomorrow--they expect more media
folks that testifiers.  Hopefully, this should make it into our local
media, and if it doesn't, please call, raise hell, and demand they
cover the hearings, which are taking place at the National Labor
College in Silver Spring, Maryland, a suburb of Washington, DC.

Please pass this around to all of your networks--we need to get as
many people to watch/pay attention as possible.  We've got to stop
this war:  it's for damn certain our "political leaders" (of either
major party)  aren't going to do it until we force the issue.

Wage peace--

Kim Scipes
Chicago