[Peace-discuss] Winter Soldier: Iraq and Afghanistan

martin smith send2smith at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 12:17:57 CDT 2008

Dear Friends:
Iraq Veterans Against the War brought together over 230 of our members on March 13-16 in Maryland to participate in Winter Soldier: Iraq and Afghanistan, an investigation into war crimes and atrocities in both occupations.

Unfortunately, there was a mainstream news blackout about the event.  That is why I am writing you to help spread the word of Winter Soldier and to help build the movement to stop the war.

Below you will find five youtube clips of a special by Amy Goodman's Democracy Now! that feature this historic event.  You will find the voices and testimonials of these IVAW members to be a powerful indictment of the illegal and immoral war policy; but more than that, they speak to the need for challenging a system built on what MLK called the "giant triplets of racism, extreme materialism, and militarism."

Please watch these five clips in order, and please forward this email as widely as possible.

in solidarity and to the movement for peace and social justice!
-Martin Smith, WS Organizing Team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l61VGHuOlhI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8l7i_SfDXU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JimcrhC_wmE