[Peace-discuss] Re: [Discuss] Fwd: guilty

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 00:20:57 CDT 2008

At 10:17 PM 3/28/2008, Brian Dolinar wrote:

>"Armageddon done been in effect - get a late pass." - Flavor Flav of
>Public Enemy
>
>BD

I dunno 'bout all that, but what about a little civil disobedience to go
with all of this righteous indignation?

What's the law about being in the city parks after dark?  Is it a
crime?  Does the law apply to adults, or only to minors?

Suppose a fairly large group of C-U's upstanding citizens, - white, black,
and "other", anti-fascist fighters of the new world order police state,
including some of our esteemed local politicians and college professors -
were to have regular picnics or rallies in Douglass Park after
dark?  Suppose no one carried any ID with them, and refused to reply/comply
when gracious police officers made inquiry as to their identity and purpose
in the park?   Suppose this were to happen on a regular basis?

At a minimum, it would be an interesting exercise in
community-building.  And Champaign County could end up with a whole bunch
of upstanding citizens to try, with full jury trials, for "obstruction of
justice".

Just a thought.

John Wason