[Peace-discuss] Observations on Anti-War Anti Racism

Brussel Morton K. mkbrussel at comcast.net
Sat May 3 10:40:21 CDT 2008

Thanks Ricky, for an excellent balanced update-history and commentary
about AWARE's record relative to trying to join with the African
American community in U-C on issues of peace/war and racial justice.
I would only add that I remember Imani B. (?) saying, at an AWARE
meeting to which she was invited, just what you note in the paragraph
below. We also tried to approach pastors of the African-American
community, but were not enthusiastically received. This has probably
dampened further efforts of AWARE to unify with that community. Of
course, that should not deter us from continuing to support that
community.

Mort