[Peace-discuss] Major truth, completed

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Sun May 4 17:00:47 CDT 2008

The point is that the paleo-conservatives, like the ones mentioned and in stark
contrast to the neo-conservatives, DO NOT support "the imperialist agenda of
Bush et al."

The subsidiary point is that the Congressional Democrats, with the exception of
a few outliers who have no power, DO in practice support the imperialist agenda
of Bush et al., as has become entirely clear since the 2006 election, even when
they trumpet the failures of the administration successfully to enact that agenda.

One might argue that Kucinich and the few Democrat office-holders like him are
an example of Marcuse's "repressive tolerance": they allow Mort and others to
say, "See, there are some Democrats against the war" -- on the condition that
they have no effect on policy! --CGE