[Peace-discuss] Major truth, completed

Morton K. Brussel brussel at uiuc.edu
Sun May 4 21:13:33 CDT 2008

I've mentioned Democrats, not specifically Congressional Democrats.
The paleo-conservatives mentioned as contrast generally are not
Congressional, and I'm uncertain as to how they poll on the
imperialist agenda. Also, Carl omits to note I included others "on
the right". Moreover,  it is not that those such as  Kucinich, and
others of similar mind not in Congress, would not want to effect
policy—it is not their fault if they can't, so Marcuse's quote,
although erudite, is inappropriate in this instance.

In any case, the point is that Carl seems overly enamored with paleo-
conservatives (however conveniently defined by Carl) to the exclusion
of those, even calling themselves Democrats, who resist the
imperialist agenda. My (perhaps not significant) objection is to
Carl's persistently one-sided  condemnations.

--mkb