[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Now Obama's in, is anti-war anti-racism activism out?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 6 22:11:52 CST 2008

Yes, bases well covered; and I agree that those base paths will get a work-out.

As to your last paragraph, I'll repeat Dennis Perrin's remark that I posted a
couple of days ago:

"I keep hearing how the 'left' and liberals in general are gonna put flame to
his feet after he takes office.  And how, exactly, is that gonna work? There's
no mass movement in this country, nothing like FDR faced in 1933. Obama already
sold out his supporters over FISA, not that most cared all that much or did
anything about it. And with the right wing acting crazy toward him, which will
become a burning cottage industry over the next four years, liberals will be
defending his administration, much like they did Clinton's -- only this time, I
think it'll be even more emotional. I do think that Obama will deliver on his
promises to Wall Street, the military, and police departments around the nation.
And if I was an Afghan or Pakistani, I would hope that Obama wouldn't deliver on
his promises to me."  --CGE