[Peace-discuss] Eyes Only: AWARE. In re AOTA

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Oct 22 02:57:37 CDT 2008

Carl, your Chinese is accurate and displays nicely on my screen here.

Reminds me very much of the remark that Clemens made about the use of
intensifiers.
/"Substitute "damn" every time you're inclined to write "very";
your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should
be.// /"

Since Chinese uses some implicit shorthand it is better to allow a
explanation of meaning rather than to give a word for word translation.

I am also reminded of the remark by Twain about Statisticians,
but choose to accept with due measure of clemency that
the smallest unit of accretion in viewership is exponential.