[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Fw: Re: Interesting segment re Palin on 9/9 Democracy Now!

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Fri Sep 12 18:47:36 CDT 2008

Yes I did watch most of the DN! segment and did read all of the transcript.
You are right that they did point out where she goes to church, and I do
admit that I missed that part.

Palin is to me a poseur who denies the faith and the Word of God,
and as a professing Christian I do not wish to identify with her.
I see her as a actor acting out a part.  No Oscar, though.
I really haven't had a chance to talk to many others to find out what
they think.

There are indeed great numbers of professing Christians who have drunk
the Kool-Aid of the neoconservatives.
Their cognitive dissonance is something indeed.  Palin isnt just a
drinker of the Kool-Aid, but she
is working in the lab preparing the formula.

There are some who are going to say that McCain-Palin is a sort of
lesser Evil than Obama-Biden but
really it is a very sad situation, and as Carl E. points out, there is
actually very little difference in
their foreign policy and warmongering.  An Obama-Biden presidency plus a
Democrat Congress
could be a lethal combination.

In some ways McCain-Palin could be even worse than Obama-Biden, since
the Neocons will
take even the narrowest margin of victory as a vote of confidence and
could proceed with fervor
to take away even more civil liberties and proceed on even more
imperialistic fronts.  Surely
they can find a suitable pretext in 2009 to invoke military
conscription, because they will surely need
that in order to go much further.