[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] "News of the week" meeting format

Barbara kessel barkes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 10:26:33 CDT 2008

Carl, et al,       I have missed two of the three (?) discussions on this
subject, but I know that the matter is not settled yet. As it is not settled
- and a general "clarification of thought session" was not an option that I
had heard of, I am hoping that for this week at the very least, you, Carl,
 will prepare and come with a ten-minute summary of all the many items that
you have put forward for reading on the subject of the Bailout. I have, or
will have read them all by 5 tonight, but a couple of people have said that
as people who work, they do not have time to do that and rely on your
summary of the news.
       This is a critical moment in our history, this bailout being a
watershed similar to 9/11, and we need to have a common grounding in What
Happened....impossible to get from NPR and CNN...even if there is a range of
opinion on what it means (not that they are completely separable). We need
to start the longer process of figuring out how we incorporate this new
reality into our anti-war(s) work.

We are a consensus organization and there is a consensus proposal still on
the table. I hope you will be guided by it. Even if we come out with the
status quo, we will have a deeper understanding of what we do and why we do
it that way. Please don't withdraw that option.
With deep respect for all who march under the AWARE banner, Barbara Kessel