[Peace-discuss] excerpt from bill lind on afghanistan

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Apr 1 09:04:46 CDT 2009

Lind buys the propaganda of those he rightly criticizes if he thinks the fight
is between "believers in a ... future in which everyone on earth becomes modern"
and "billions of people are willing to fight to the death against modernity" --
unless "modernity" is reduced to meaning "doing what the USG says."  It's closer
to right (if still not correct) to say it's a fight over oil. --CGE