[Peace-discuss] Ibn Khaldun - 14th century Tea Party Guy

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Apr 17 13:37:14 CDT 2009

Morton K. Brussel wrote:
> These seem like simplistic soundbites (like the 10 commandments).

That's a view about as well-informed as one that would regard Hamlet as a
soap-opera, or the Iliad as a script for an action movie...

Forgive me for offering a piece of my own as an alternative reading:

	March 29, 2005
	Anarchism Against the Laws of Kings
	The Subversive Commandments

"...the Ten Commandments in their historical setting are a revolutionary
manifesto, dedicated to the overthrow of traditional authority and religion...

<http://www.counterpunch.org/estabrook03292005.html>