[Peace-discuss] Emergency Preparedness - Part 1 - Essentials List

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 22:08:55 CST 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Ron Szoke <r-szoke at illinois.edu> wrote:

This is a very strange piece, Wayne.  It makes her seem semi-literate &
> possibly
> schizophrenic.  I would like to know (a lot) more about her supposed Ph.D.
> in
> quantum physics.

There is a very strange comment, Ron.  If you had read the introductory
paragraph at Wayne's web site, you'd have noticed that Little Faith, as she
calls herself, is native Chinese.  Hence her relative lack of facility in
written English.  As for your diagnosis of schizophrenia, are you a
psychiatrist?   I'd like to know (a lot) more about your qualifications in
psychiatry.

> As far as I know, there is a department of physics, but none of quantum
> physics, at
> UIUC.  Could you please fill us in on her dissertation supervisor &  the
> date & topic
> of her dissertation?  That might help assure some of us that she is not, or
> has not
> become, a wacko apocalyptist.

I'm sure Wayne will have more to say on the subject, Ron.  But it may
interest you to learn, while we're waiting, that in academia, and
particularly at the PhD level, people specialize in certain topics or areas
which are subsets of the totality of the field of study, which is
subjectively designated to start with.  Thus, while there may be no actual
Department of Quantum Physics at UIUC, you have within the Department of
Physics those who study (and profess) quantum physics, astrophysics,
biophysics, and presumably plain old Newtonian physics.

And while we're waiting, perhaps you could elucidate for us the most
plausible causal link between the study of quantum physics and being a
"wacko apocalyptist".

With all due respect,

John