[Peace-discuss] Blago-Burris circus

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 11:31:35 CST 2009

Couple of even more annoying developments, from Nick Burbules's excellent news roundup ...

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/1/3/94832/93890/631/679744

http://www.mydd.com/story/2009/1/3/19577/93035

And even the most superficial overview of Burris's past seems to suggest that his current level of opportunism is par for the course, e.g.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Burris

Are we really going to have to start the Obama Administration arguing over non-issues like, "He's just a sneaky Chicago politician like that Blago and Burris..." or "lynching" Burris, or (as someone shouted at last month's demo) the claim that Obama is a Muslim [as if that were a problem, but of course he isn't, followed by:]  "Oh, yeah?  Then why'd he change his name to a Muslim name? [cue the sound of truck engine zooming away]" - or better yet, "Good luck with the Magic Negro," or whatever????

Don't we have enough problems to try to sort out, you know, with depression looming and huge tracts of the planet drowning in blood, for example?

 Ricky

"Speak your mind even if your voice shakes." - Maggie Kuhn