[Peace-discuss] Obama gets another one right

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Mon Jan 26 15:26:26 CST 2009

As I recall, we got into this via a celebration of Obama "Getting it Right".

'Twas not I who brought up the issue of Homosexuality but I did offer my
opinion
once it was broached.  I think it was the rearing of children by
homosexuals which I
responded to, as that is definitely a case of the effect of adult
behaviour negatively impacting children.
Since the state is involved in legal adoptions, I would not favour the
placement of adopted children
or foster children into homosexual environments, nor into single parent
homes, recognizing that
some people I consider to be friends will disagree on this point.

There are others, potentially enemies of the US, who view this society
as decadent and they
do seek to condemn and threaten this society and thus provide stimulus
to our warmongers.  I did not suggest
any particular action against homosexuals.  Finding the cause and
treating the problem at its
roots seems desirable as an option.  Some people in our society have
even suggested capital punishment.
I did not.  I do want to see a halt to the recruitment and promotion of
homosexuality.
While I think that law is rather incapable of inducing morality, I don't
think immorality should be celebrated.

We don't celebrate political corruption or theft or warmongering as
acceptable behaviours.
Homosexuality is likewise immoral and it is in the same class of
pathologic sexual behaviour as
adultery,  rape, and child molestation.  Some aberrent sexual behaviours
include a component of
violence and some do not.  It does contribute to the destructuring of
the society.

Dr. King whom we celebrated last week, also taught that Reality hinges
on Moral Foundations.
I don't think that we can achieve full potential as a society if we
embrace and promote immoral
behaviours.  There is a general negative effect on the non-participants.

I would not agree that the practice of a homosexual lifestyle is a
private matter because
it is becoming pervasive and widely advertised as a reasonable
alternative option to a heterosexual
lifestyle.