[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Re: Memorial in Champaign-Urbana

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Tue Jun 2 22:42:11 CDT 2009

I find it very interesting that an alleged anti-war and anti-racism group
has allowed the introduction of tangential issues, such as the sanctity of
all human life regardless of situations, conditions, or other factors, to
create the sort of friction and internal fighting that will ultimately
destroy the organization and render it ineffective as an advocacy group
against war and racism and lessen its ability to mobilize and organize new
membership.  The organization is not promoted as being a pro or anti
abortion organization, a pro or anti capital punishment organization, or a
pro or anti Christian organization.  To introduce issues related to those
things can only result in creating internal conflicts and the loss of
membership and involvement to a greater extent than already exists.

AWARE is already a de facto and effective white only anti-racist
organization which is unable to attract and maintain a racially diverse
membership or effectively take and promote anti-racist positions of any
convincing credibility due to its lack of any significant minority
representation or ties to the various racial communities in this area.  Now
it appears as if the members are intent on splitting the group apart on over
issues other than those dealing directly with anti-war questions.